Magic Mushroom Dosage: What is a Safe Dose?
Isn’t magic mushroom potent? How do you take the mushroom safely? What’s the safe dose?
Magic mushroom is one of the most controversial mushrooms around due to their mind and perception-altering properties. The shroom contains a hallucinogenic and psychoactive compound, known as psilocybin, causing various mental effects, such as the following:
- Distorted sense of place, time, and reality
- Visual and auditory hallucinations
- Experiencing Spiritual Introspective
- Panic reactions
Although shrooms can alter your mental or emotional state, there are a lot of good reasons why a lot of people tend to trip using magic mushrooms, including the following:
- Treatment for depression
- To cease smoking, alcohol, and other addiction
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Introspection (to boost creativity)
So, how do you take magic mushrooms safely?
Tripping or undergoing a psychedelic experience is often done with precaution to avoid experiencing a “Bad Acid Trip” or experiencing the worst effects of a psychedelic trip, which include:
- Extreme anxiety
- Excessive paranoia or hallucination
- Risky detachment from reality
- Excessive mood swings
To avoid experiencing a bad trip, you need to follow pre-tripping instructions, including tripping with the right dose of magic mushroom.
Magic mushroom dosage
How do you dose magic mushroom?
Typically, the safest magic mushroom dose is consuming it according to the doctor’s or expert’s prescription or recommendation.
Microdosing is critical to safe shroom consumption. It is practicing small dose consumption of magic mushrooms or other psychedelic substances.
Microdosing is also known as sub-perceptual dose, meaning you are consuming the shroom with little to no changes in perception, including the visual and auditory. However, there are distinctive effects that you’ll still experience, including alterations on the following:
- Way of thinking
The amount of dose or microdose will depend on the type of magic mushroom, potency, and your experience with any psychedelic substance, so if you are new to magic mushrooms or psychedelic substances, in general, your dosage will fall on low mushroom dosage.
Here are the uses of shroom depending on the dosage:
- Low mushroom dosage (0.25 to 1 gram)
Low doses of magic mushrooms are common with less to no effects. Typically, it is recommended to new shroom users and psychonauts who want to experience the following:
- Tripping with friends for live jamming
- To boost creativity
- To increase energy level or stimulation
- Testing or initial experiments on a new strain of magic mushroom
Moderate mushroom dosage (1 to 3 grams)
Moderate mushroom doses will give you moderate to unexpected kick of shroom effects. Moderate doses are often used to test potent magic mushrooms.
- High mushroom dosage (3 to 4 grams)
A high dose of magic mushroom will let you experience major changes in your perception, mood, cognition, and thoughts. Typically, this dose is used for the following reasons:
- To achieve the ultimate spiritual experience
- To achieve better introspection
- To achieve better emotional breakthrough
- To overcome personal issues or fight against major depression
For heroic doses, this practice is not recommended by most experts or doctors. If you want to know what shroom you should consume and its dose, consult an expert or doctors specializing in psychedelic therapy.