Top 3 Essential Things to Do When Outsourcing for Online Business
here are several things to do when you do online business – managing supplies, the shipments and returns, marketing, customer service, product catalog, and more. How can you manage all of these? Fortunately, there’s outsourcing. In this post, you’ll learn about the top facts about outsourcing for your online business.
Outsourcing is no longer new in online business practices. And there are several reasons to outsource, including:
- To acquire talents with a specialized skill set without the need to hold interviews for short-term use of skills.
- To avoid hiring too many talents and reduce risks of acquiring high overhead.
- To increase efficiency in research, development, marketing, or distribution of expenses.
If you think you need to outsource, you should check this out on how to outsource for your online business. Meanwhile, here are the top 3 essential things to do when outsourcing for online business:
#1: Know what you want to outsource
So, what do you want to outsource?
The first thing you need to do when outsourcing is to identify the skillset that you need for your online business.
In most online business flow, there are a few intricate tasks that you need to accomplish to gain an online presence and to gain a positive return on investment. And if you think you can’t handle too much burden creating new posts or creating a content schedule, outsourcing skills will be the best idea.
Here are a few more skills that you can outsource for your online business:
- WordPress work
- Content designing
- Social media works
- Writing (content blogging)
- Web management
- Product management
- Strategic planning
There are more skill sets to choose from; all you need is to determine what skills you need for your online business.
#2: Profile your ideal employee
Like in several hiring procedures, outsourcing skills needs requirements too. So, who do you want to be part of your team? When you need to outsource skills, you need to profile your ideal employees.
- What skills do you need?
- What skill level should the applicant be?
- Do you intend to have your outsourced employee work hours per week or per day?
- Do you need to acquire an outsourced employee that speaks English well?
If you are done with profiling, the next step is to post your outsourced job, through online ads, communities, or social media. Also, do not forget to include the outlined task or jobs for your target employees.
#3: Determine your budget
Outsourcing skills means you have the budget for it.
How much does it cost to outsource? It depends on what skill set you are looking for. For instance, for most digital marketing tasks, it will depend on the efficiency:
- Lead generation is a tedious task. Generally, each lead will cost you $0.50 – $50, depending on the quality of the lead.
- Content writing is often based on per words; outsourcing skills on content writing may cost you $0.03 – $0.30 per word. However, for skilled writers, it’ll cost you more.
- Social media management would often charge per hour, others per month in a fixed price within $200 to $2000 per month.
- The visual content creator or graphic designer will cost you $25 to $50 per hour. However, experts may ask $65 to $150 per hour.
So, how much are you willing to spend on outsourcing skills? Try to check your finances first before proceeding with hiring talents.